Sunday, January 30, 2011

Friend or "Friend" ???

If you have a Facebook page, you more than likely have one of those friends. You know the kind, they won’t return your calls, text or emails, but stays connected with your life through status updates.

It made me begin to wonder, since when did liking someone’s status on FB become an acceptable way of maintaining relationships? Or is it?

Every so often you see that they clicked that tiny “Like” link, but does this person really know what is going on in your life?

Can they truly be called a friend if they only know what you make public to everyone out there?

I also wonder, how long is too long to have no other contact with a “friend” before they are nothing more than an acquaintance?

I don’t have the answers, but I think I would like to take this opportunity to say, if you have someone out there that you haven’t talked to in a while, call them. Just to say, Hi.

Weigh in with your opinions below in the comment section! I would love to hear your opinion on any of the questions above!

No comments:

Post a Comment